The Test of Word Finding-Third Edition (TWF-3) is the norm-referenced, single-word expressive language test expressly designed to assess children's word-finding ability. It can be used to identify students who have word-finding problems, plan word finding intervention, and measure word finding ability in research studies.
Features of the NEW TWF-3:
- All new normative data were collected in 2009-2012
- New noun and verb target words have been added
- Studies showing the absence of racial and gender bias are reported
- Information pertaining to the TWF-3's diagnostic accuracy (sensitivity, specificity, and ROC/AUC) is provided
- The lexical processing model underlying TWF-3 has been updated to reflect current thinking regarding word retrieval
- The Comprehension Check functions as a built-in assessment of examinees' word knowledge
- Students with diagnosed word finding difficulties were included in the norming sample
- Three age- and grade-appropriate forms are included: the Preprimary form for preschool and kindergarten students; the Primary form for students in Grades 1 and 2; and the Intermediate form for students in Grades 3 through 6.
- The standardized assessment and informal analyses are integral features of comprehensive word finding assessments
- In-Depth Training Available >
How much time is required?
Testing time is approx. 20-30 minutes.
The standardized assessment has four naming sections, the results of which are combined to form the overall Word Finding Index:
- Picture Naming: Nouns–assesses efficiency in naming compound and 1 to 4 syllable target words
- Sentence Completion Naming–assesses efficiency in naming words to complete sentences read aloud by the examiner
- Picture Naming: Verbs–assesses efficiency in naming present and past-tense regular and irregular verbs
- Picture Naming: Categories–assesses efficiency in naming objects and the categories to which they belong
The standardized assessment has ample evidence of reliability and validity:
- The average internal consistency (content sampling) reliability coefficients for all forms exceed .85.
- The average test-retest (time sampling) coefficients for the Word Finding Index exceed .80.
- Correlations of the Word Finding Index with those of other well-known expressive language tests are large or very large in magnitude.
- Diagnostic accuracy studies indicate that the TWF-3 is able to accurately identify students with word finding difficulties (i.e., sensitivity = .86, specificity = .78, ROC/AUC = .88, cut score = 90).
- Considerable other validity evidence is provided in the manual.
The Informal Assessment
Five informal analyses are also provided. Three of these analyses (the Phonemic Cueing Procedure, the Imitation Procedure, and the Substitution Analysis) examine types of word finding errors students make. The remaining informal analyses (the Delayed Response Procedure and the Secondary Characteristics Tally) contribute to interpreting the Word Finding Index.
SHIPPING YOUR ORDER:
US Domestic - Orders are shipped through USPS or UPS. Rates for both services are based on current published rates. Please use our shipping estimator(available in the shopping cart)to determine your shipping costs, based on your preferences.
International - Orders are shipped through USPS or UPS. Duties and taxes are NOT included in the shipping cost. Some countries impose additional duties and taxes when packages cross their borders. Please check your local laws, as any additional charges(duties/taxes), may be due upon delivery of your package. NSS is not responsible for any additional charges.
Tracking information will be emailed to you upon order shipping.
If an item is not in stock when your order is received, you will be notified via email with the estimated ship date for your order. Generally, backorders are shipped within 1-2 weeks. If you order with a Purchase Order, your invoice will not be sent until the order is completely filled.
CANCELING AN ORDER:
If you have not received your order, you may cancel it by calling 888-337-3866, faxing 888-696-9655, or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that your order has already been shipped, you are responsible for returning the items in accordance with our RETURN policy (a copy is provided with your order).
Order must be returned within 30 days after receiving order.
If you received a wrong/defective/damaged/duplicate order, please email email@example.com. Include your Order Number, Product Name, and problem with your order. Do not return the product until you have received an authorization from our Office.
If product is returned in unused and in good condition, a full refund will be processed, minus shipping and handling charges.
We accept checks (US dollars only), money orders, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover), EFT (electronic funds transfer) and purchase orders.
CREDIT CARD SECURITY:
When you submit your credit card and other sensitive information to NorthernSpeech.com, rest assured that the transaction is secure. In fact, shopping online at NSS is as safe as using your credit card at a restaurant or department store. Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), one of the most robust encryption platforms available. SSL technology works with Netscape Navigator (versions 2.0 and above), Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 3.0 and above), AOL (AOL 3.0 and above), Firefox, Safari and Opera. This technology encrypts your private information from the moment you enter it until your transaction is processed, and your personal information will not be saved on a public server--thus safeguarding your personal information and guaranteeing privacy.
If you still feel unsure about sending your information via internet, please feel free to call us (888-337-3866) and we can process your order over the phone.
ALTERNATIVES TO USING YOUR CREDIT CARD THROUGH OUR WEBSITE:
We offer the option of phoning, faxing or mailing in your information after you place your order for products. Simply use the Downloadable Order Form, which you can print and fax or mail to our office.