Note: We suggest that you download and print these instructions so they will be handy as you go through the steps of registering for an E-Course.
Please call our customer service at 1-888-337-3866 if you encounter any trouble registering for one of our E-Courses.
To print these instructions: Click here
Choosing an E-Course
- After opening www.northernspeech.com, move your mouse over to the "Online CEUs" tab found on the menu bar near the top of the screen. An option-box will drop down. Clicking on 'Find an E-course' will provide you with the option to search for an E-course by Title or Author. Or, you can simply choose the 'List all E-courses' option to view our complete list of E-courses.
- After browsing the titles, click on the 'More Info' button to the right of the title that you are interested in. This will bring up specific information about that E-course. Clicking this button will NOT automatically register you for a course.
- On the "E-course Detail" screen, review the course description and course objectives as well as the cost and contact hours to determine whether to register for this course. If you do not want to register for this course, simply click the 'back' button on your browser to return to the menu of E-courses. When you are ready to register for an E-course, continue on to step 2.
Registering for an E-Course
- While viewing the "E-course Detail" screen, you will see the 'Register' button on the right side of the screen.
- A window will appear showing the E-course in your cart. At this time you can make changes to anything in your cart, you can continue shopping, or you can check out. If this is the course you would like to take, and you are done shopping, click on 'Checkout'.
Logging in to Your Account
- After clicking 'Checkout' a screen will appear asking you to 'Log in' to your account. If you've completed an online transaction with us in the past, you need simply enter your email address and password and click 'log in' to continue (Go to step 3d). If you have not yet created an online account with us, you will need to enter in the appropriate information under the 'New Customers' section.
- In order to create a new account you will need to complete the required information boxes, including a password. Select a password that you will remember in the future (it may also be a good idea to write it down in a safe place). You will need to supply both your email address and password every time you would like to access your account and/or E-course.
- After completing all the required boxes, you will need to enter in the payment information before clicking the 'Review Order' button near the bottom of the page. If any required boxes are left blank you will be prompted to fill them in. Once complete click 'Review Order'.
- Under the 'Payment' section you will need to select the type of credit card you are using. (Note: If you cannot pay by credit card and must pay by fax, mail or phone, you will need to contact NSS-NRS to do so after selecting that option). Paying by credit card will allow you to begin your E-course immediately. Fax, mail or phone payments will need to be successfully entered and recognized by our computer system before you can access your E-course. It may take up to one business day once payment has been received before you can begin your E-course when paying by fax, mail or phone.
- When paying by credit card, select your credit card type and enter in the number, name on the card, and expiration date. (Make sure you DO NOT include spaces or dashes when entering your credit card number) Click 'Review Order'.
- A "Checkout- Process Order" screen will appear allowing you to verify your order. When you are ready to have your order placed (and credit card run) click 'Process Order'.
- A screen will now appear showing your order confirmation. You will also receive a confirmation email shortly. If you would like a receipt, click on the 'printable page' link in the top right corner of the window. A new window will appear and you can print from that window.
Accessing Your E-Course When Paying By Credit Card
- From the "Checkout - Thank You" click on the link titled 'Account Settings' in the top right corner.
- A window titled 'Your Account Information' will appear with a row of tabs - one of them being labeled 'Online CEUs.' Click on that tab to view your purchase E-courses and then the 'view' button to the left of the E-course of your choice.
- An "E-course Overview" window will appear. Scroll down this window and you will find 'sections'. These are the sections, or chapters, of your E-course. Click on the first section to begin your E-course.
- As you begin your course you will notice your navigation tools at the top left of the course window. You can use the 'back' and 'next' commands or jump from section to section by clicking on the actual section number.
- You DO NOT have to finish your E-course in one sitting if do not wish. If you would like to stop and return later simply log out of the course. Do this by clicking 'Log Out' in the Account box in the top right of the screen.
Logging On to an Unfinished E-Course or Accessing When Paying By Phone/Fax/Mail
- To return to your E-course, enter in your email address and password in the appropriate fields at the top right of the website - next to the word 'Log In'.
- See Step 5b to proceed from there.