Kaufman Speech Praxis Test (KSPT) aids in the diagnosis and treatment of childhood apraxia of speech.
Easy to administer and score, the Kaufman Speech Praxis Test is ideal for children who can produce vowels and consonants in isolation but cannot combine these sounds into specific syllable shapes. Levels of breakdown in the KSPT match the levels of treatment in the Kaufman Treatment Kits for a seamless transition to therapy. The KSPT:
- Measures a child’s imitative responses to the clinician
- Identifies where the child’s speech system is breaking down
- Points to a systematic course of treatment
- Can be used to quantify gains in motor-speech proficiency
- Includes 25 score sheets
Results of the Kaufman Speech Test are useful beyond establishing an initial diagnosis. Individual sections of the test can be used to establish treatment goals and measure progress. KSPT results can also help generate individual education plans. This assessment tool is essential for speech-language pathologists who work with children ages 2-5.11 in public schools, hospitals, universities, clinics, and private practice.
The KSPT Order Contains:
- 25 Score Sheets—which can be used twice (once for the original assessment and once for a follow-up test)
- Scoring Instructions
- Norm Tables
- Validity & Reliability Information
- Background About The Test Development
- Additional Score Sheets available for purchase. Click here.
"Levels of breakdown match the levels of treatment in the Kaufman Speech Praxis Treatment Kits, allowing for a seamless transition to therapy."
This assessment tool is essential for Speech-Language Pathologists who work with children ages 2-6 in public schools, hospitals, universities, clinics, and private practice.